Communities thrive when there is a strong healthcare community and infrastructure. This summit is designed for the provider community to regroup 10 months after the Camp Fire. As Dr. Richard Thorp, CEO of Paradise Medical Group and one of Butte-Glenn Medical Society's leaders, there was a "robust healthcare infrastructure in Paradise" that was destroyed. In the weeks after the fire, the healthcare infrastructure in surrounding areas was greatly impacted. Let's gather together as healthcare leaders to discuss efforts already underway to restore healthcare and restore community. The more our provider community knows, the more we can improve access to care for our community.
Parking Information: Click here to view parking and event location details
As of September 15, here are speakers confirmed and in no particular order. We will continue to update!
- Assemblyman James Gallagher
- Jovanni Tricerri, Director of Response and Recovery, North Valley Community Foundation, will present their 6 month report called "Rising from the Ashes"
- Sandy Henley, MS, MPHA, Butte County Department of Public Health will provide insights on the Spring 2019 County Health Assessment
- Andy Miller, MD, Public Health Officer, Butte County
- Richard Thorp, MD, CEO, Paradise Medical Group and Past President, Butte-Glenn Medical Society
- Eric Brown, President, California Telehealth Network
- Katy Thoma, President & CEO, Chico Chamber of Commerce
- Theodore Zwerdling, MD, Medical Market Director, Adventist Health
- Tim Williams, Administrative Director, Physician and Outpatient Services, Adventist Health
- Abbie Totten, Medi-Cal Program Officer, Health Net and California Health & Wellness
- Laura Gill, Town Manager, Town of Paradise
- Laura Page, Disaster Recovery Manager, Town of Paradise
- Sean Liston, MD, Immediate Past President, Butte-Glenn Medical Society
- David Alonso, MD, President, Butte-Glenn Medical Society
- Scott Kennelly, LCSW, Interim Director, Butte County Behavioral Health Department
- Joel Gray, Executive Director, California Medicaid Health Plan, Anthem Blue Cross
- Nadine Burke Harris, MD, California Surgeon General (invited)
- Senator Jim Nielsen (invited)